Made my first beer today!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Houseoffubar

Reaction score
I know it's not a huge deal, but I am so excited. I made a Diamond Knot IPA, from an (partial mash?) kit from Homebrew Heaven.
Everything went great, and the Wort is bubbling away next to me now, on it's journey into becoming beer!
I'm pretty sure I managed to not screw it up, and I managed to cool it quick, and keep things sanitary, so I am thinking I have a good chance of having something drinkable?!?

I have been reading everything I could here on the forum, so I could learn the basics, to be able to pull off a first brew successfully. I think it might have happened! Thanks for all your wisdom shared on the forum :mug:

Your first brew is a big deal! Good job. It sounds like you are in good shape if its bubbling already. The question is, what are you going to brew next?

Haha, Thanks!
I'm a bit of an IPA guy, so this one was for myself. next weekend, I will make something for my friends, and family, who, for the most part like much less hoppy beers. Perhaps an amber, or pale ale!?!

Any suggestions?

I love amber ales. I just did Yoopers house pale ale and its almost ready to bottle. I also made a honey amber ale from a recipe I made up on beer calculus. If it turns out well I might post it.

I was trying to make a balanced, high abv beer thats easy to drink. Have you used beer calculus or any other programs?

I have not used any software yet. I literally learned everything I know (very, very little) about home brewing this week!
I will for sure look into this, as I want to make a recipe beer next weekend.:p

Thanks Pontiac_guy:mug:

I am pretty amazed how active the airlock is! It woke be up last night it was so loud, and has been gurgling along all day. I can hear it downstairs, the beer is upstairs!
I guess this thing is happening!?!

Back