Alexander's Muscat Grape Concentrate

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KJB5200

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm interested in using Alexander's Muscat Grape Concentrate in a DFH Midas Touch clone. I'm struggling with determining the sugar content of the concentrate however. I haven't bought a can yet but the image online of the 4lb, 48fl.oz. can states 68º Brix. If I add this entire can to enough water to make 4gal of wort (0.375gal concentrate + 3.625gal H2O = 4gal) that should dilute the concentrate, making a final 6.4º Brix wort ([68º * 0.375gal] / 4gal = FinalOG)...correct? Since I kept the ratio of water to weight at 1.0 (4lbs to 4gal), this should make the ppg of the concentrate 6.4º Brix, correct?

I've done this before with honey and been spot on with my numbers, but I'm mostly concerned with never having used this concentrate before. Thanks in advance!

-Kyle

I haven't actually done anything (I haven't even received the concentrate yet, haha!) so at least nothing's ruined yet. I'm just trying to determine the ppg of this particular concentrate. The math makes sense to me, but the grad student in me says to double-check it with others..

Thanks anyways,
Kyle

Back