Anyone use this tap setup?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Paint ball CO2 canisters. They are CO2, really small and cheap. And you can gerry-rig them to fit onto a corny connection pretty easily.

It would probably cost you less than the pump tap and you would be pushing CO2 into the beer with the canister instead of outside air from the pony tap.

Or does anyone else have a nice cheap solution for kegging on the run?

PDR_0185_2_.jpg

IMAG00161.JPG

Cape Brewing said:
Paint ball CO2 canisters. They are CO2, really small and cheap. And you can gerry-rig them to fit onto a corny connection pretty easily.

It would probably cost you less than the pump tap and you would be pushing CO2 into the beer with the canister instead of outside air from the pony tap.

Have a link showing someone that had done it?

That looks sweet Kirk but I don't want to get a spare bottle or have to pull mine outta my small kegerator.

call Ben at keg connection and see if he still sells their portable CO2 charger that takes the small 16gm cylinders. i didnt see it on their site but he sold me this kit a few months ago and it works great. its just a small CO2 charger that connects to a gas quick disconnect on your keg and the kit he sold also came with a picnic tap on a short rigid hose. it works great and was inexpensive.

If you're using corneys that tapper you linked to in the OP won't work. It's for Sanke kegs.

If it was me, I'd pick up one of these, an el-cheapo regulator (or use the one you have), and a paintball tank.

Will cost a little bit more than the hand pump you were looking at, but you'll have portability and not be ruining your beer by pumping air into it.

Honestly, ANY co2 solution will be better than that thing. If you're going to be pumping air into the keg then you might as well just pick up a miller lite pony.

all you need is

a tank (or a few)

one of these

and you can use your the regulator you already have. you just have to bring the tank and that adapter to a scuba or welding shop and tell them you want to put that valve on the tank (not legal to do it yourself if your not licensed).

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I was just at the brew store yesterday and saw that little hand held connector setup. Looks cool but I had a question.

I work at a motorcycle shop and we have those little c02 inflators but don't think they come with that threaded nut on there. I get them for super cheap but not sure If I can find a threaded attachment to work on the keg connection. Think I would be able to find one?

Back