Coopers Microbrewery Kit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IXVolt

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Not sure if this is a good deal or not, I haven't ever used/purchased one of these kits. However I saw the link through one of my Woot.com sites I frequent and thought I'd link the deal in-case anyone is interested

$79.99

http://makebeer.net/woot_member_deal.asp

1a0f3126-177a-4ffe-8a86-aab7e2109fec.jpg

The satisfaction of brewing your own beer, free from additives and preservatives.
We’ve even included a 10 minute step-by-step video on how to make beer with Coopers Microbrewery Kit.
Coopers Microbrewery Kit comes with the following components:

• 1 Plastic 30 liter fermenter with lid (and o ring),
    makes 23 liters (6 Gallons)
  • 1 Hydrometer
  • 1 Sediment Reducer
  • 1 Plastic Spoon
  • 1 "Little Bottler" tube and bottling valve
  • 1 Tap
  • 1 Airlock
  • 1 Airlock grommet
  • 1 Thermometer
  • 30 740ml PET bottles and caps
  • 1 Instruction booklet
  • 1 Instructional DVD
  • 1 Cooper’s Lager Beer Kit Package – which includes:
    • 1 1.7kg Coopers Lager Beer Kit Concentrate with yeast
    • 1 1 kg Coopers Brewing Sugar
    • 1 Bag of Carbonation drops

I got one of these for xmas. The fermenter is sweet. Huge wide mouth. Holds like 8 gallons of liquid. I'd say its nicer than a bucket. The pet bottles will be nice for canoeing. For $80 scoop one up. You would spend that much for smaller pet bottles at a lhbs. The pet bottles in the box hold almost 26oz. :mug:

I was able to score a lightly used one for $30 from CL last year. Some guy bought the kit and used it to make only a few batches of beer and wifey told him to get rid of it. I picked up the fermentor, another hydrometer, airlock and he offered the bottles but I didnt want them.

Love the coopers microbrewery, the only thing is the lid could work a little better. hard to tighten and sometimes almost impossible to take off......

That Coopers kit is an excellent starter. The fermenter is the absolute best I have ever seen. I got started with Coopers and still buy their kits every once in a while. Their Canadian Blond is my favorite.

So, in anwer to your question; Yes, that is a great deal. Buy it with confidence and get ready to have a lot of fun.

Love the coopers microbrewery, the only thing is the lid could work a little better. hard to tighten and sometimes almost impossible to take off......

Its not hard to tighten but sometimes its very hard to open it after its been sitting closed for a few weeks. What I suggest is you dont tighten it too much when you close it.

I got re-started in homebrewing with this kit-I paid $99 for it so that's a good deal. The PET bottles aren't that bad, either. I had a leaky airlock gasket with mine, but bought a replacement for 50 cents and it works fine. Much easier to use than your standard bucket.

Pair with a Cooper's no-boil kit and it's an easy intro to brewing decent beer.

Back