Has anyone used Bayou Classic equipment?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, I'm using the same one as scrowe. I've added a spigot to mine also so I don't have to move it when filled with 6 gallons of wort. That will also make is an easier move to a Hot Liquor Tank when I move to larger boiling pot. For 5 gallons it's good for a full boil, but when doing a full boil to yeild 6 Gal. you have to hawk over it until the danger passes.

I use 3 62-qt pots, all equpped with valves and thermometers. They work great for 5 or 10gal batches, but you need to watch for boilovers on the 10s.

Yes, I'm using the same one as scrowe. I've added a spigot to mine also so I don't have to move it when filled with 6 gallons of wort. That will also make is an easier move to a Hot Liquor Tank when I move to larger boiling pot. For 5 gallons it's good for a full boil, but when doing a full boil to yeild 6 Gal. you have to hawk over it until the danger passes.

I have this one as well and I added a spigot as well.

I've done over 30 batches with it and love it. I oxyclean it after every brew. I usually boil 7 gallons down to 5 and use fermcap... No boilover issues with that combo.

I still use the SQ-10 burner and love it. I can boil 13gallons in a cabela's 15gallon SS pot.

I used to use the Aluminum turkey pot for my boil but upgraded to the larger SS pot above. The Aluminum has returned to use as a turkey fryer.

Back