buying beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miafunk2003

Reaction score
how could i purchase beer so i can try different microbrewries...not many different ones here in miami?

how do all these people get to try all these beers out do they purchase them from online?

I'm calling BS. How old are you again?

I live in the middle of nowhere, and I can find pretty much any beer I want, maybe not in town but within a reasonably short drive.

the_bird said:
I'm calling BS. How old are you again?

I live in the middle of nowhere, and I can find pretty much any beer I want, maybe not in town but within a reasonably short drive.

Second! In Miami? Can't be.

i dont know if any of u live in miami.but the majority ethnis group is hispanic....including myself...hispanics dont give a f@#k about micro brewerie they want presidente.hieneken...hatuey....becks....bud light and so on..Things are provided to the consumer if there is a demand for it. Second of all im not about to call 3000 liqour stores to find a beer. I have visited alot of liqour stores in my area meaning 10 15 mins away.Im not going to go to orlando for a beer or anything like that. The only place i know i can get a homebrew is from HOPS the restaraunt or gordon bierch. Beside that the only place i had a microbrewery is cheescake factory where they sell sierra nevada.

But at least you can find a good Cuban restaurant. I'd kill for a good Cuban restaurant nearby. I can’t even find a bad Cuban restaurant here.

If the liquor stores are like you say, chances are you’ll have to do exactly that. Here in Utah, if I want to find out-of-state microbrews, I either have to buy them from the State Liquor Store (small selection) or bootleg them from Wyoming and Nevada.

yup we do have alot of cuban restaraunts.....so if u dont know the demographics of miami u cant say iam bs'ing.....lol...i have a better chance of finding coke (scarface) then i do a good beer...lol

so does anyone know of any good places to buy of the internet or do i have to google it

Keep looking, bro...there's gotta be someplace good. I live in southern New Mexico where there's a VERY large hispanic population. However, I just picked up Stone IPA, Rogue's Arrogant Bastard, and Anchor Porter all at the same little store...and there's another store in town with a slightly better selection. Drive around a bit more, ask some of the locals, and do some Googling...there's gotta be some good beer in Miami!

im sure there is...but still looking thanx for the sympathy at least someone knows how i feel...lol:mug: just checked the links page and found a good website called the brew of the month club where they send u bottle from different microbreweries anyone tried this b4?

Hey Mia,

Try some of these places out. I found them on a Florida microbrewery site that listed liquor stores that were micro-friendly (which means they'll tend to have a wider selection of hard-to-find beers, I would think.)

Miami
Bottle Wine and Spirits - 15482 NW 77th Ct., Miami Lakes
Formost Liquors - 8701 Sunset Drive, Miami
LA Foodstore - 2465 SW 17th Avenue, Miami
Gulf Liquors - 1682 Alton Road, South Beach
Happy Stork Liquors - 1872 Kennedy Causeway, Miami Beach
Tios Liquors - 2046 SW 57 Avenue, Miami
Top Hat Liquors - 5749-104 Bird Road, Miami
Vintage Liquors - 11753 South Dixie Hwy., Pinecrest

damn thanx alot the second one is actually really close...ill go check it out..

miafunk2003 said:
im sure there is...but still looking thanx for the sympathy at least someone knows how i feel...lol:mug: just checked the links page and found a good website called the brew of the month club where they send u bottle from different microbreweries anyone tried this b4?
How uncanny, I was thinking about this last night, way back in 1990 when the craft beer revolution was infancy, I belonged to the "beer of the month club". They would deliver two six bangers every month for around 27.00 (monthly). It was something like 15.95 for the sixers, and the rest got chalked up to shipping. At the time is was tough to find a healthy selection of craft brews. I suspect much of it had to do with geography. That's really what got me into homebrewing.

They would deliver beers like Grant's, Pyramid, Old Dominion, Pikes Place, Smutty Nose, and Spanish peaks to name a few.

IMHO it was worth it in the early 90's, but with distribution today, it is relatively easy to find beers from all over the world in most bottle shops. You just gotta find the right one, and it may not be easy.
  1. Try to find a reputable shop
  2. Look for high turnover- watch out for them dusty bottles!
  3. Check the freshness dates on the bottles
  4. find a good bar/brewery (like hops) and ask the seasoned vets where they get their bottles.

All you BS'ers remember you were once young and uninformed too.
BTW anyone know where I could find good cuban food in NewEngland? I'm over 21. Honestly:D

thanx for the good advice and thanx for understanding...some individuals just think everyone has the availability to buy something cuz they can.....but yeah ill try that out....Im going to Gordon Bierch this sat gonna try their microbrews they make thier own...Anyone tried them?:mug:

miafunk2003 said:
how could i purchase beer so i can try different microbrewries...not many different ones here in miami?
I feel your dilemma. I spent a year down in Haines City/Lake Whales in '90 and they all considered Budweiser as imported beer (cause it was Busch country) :D

Wild

there is a place in Miami called Total Wine and More, they have a very good selection of beers there. You can mix and match and create your own 6 packs.

Orpheus said:
Hey Mia,

Try some of these places out. I found them on a Florida microbrewery site that listed liquor stores that were micro-friendly (which means they'll tend to have a wider selection of hard-to-find beers, I would think.)

Miami
Bottle Wine and Spirits - 15482 NW 77th Ct., Miami Lakes
Formost Liquors - 8701 Sunset Drive, Miami
LA Foodstore - 2465 SW 17th Avenue, Miami
Gulf Liquors - 1682 Alton Road, South Beach
Happy Stork Liquors - 1872 Kennedy Causeway, Miami Beach
Tios Liquors - 2046 SW 57 Avenue, Miami
Top Hat Liquors - 5749-104 Bird Road, Miami
Vintage Liquors - 11753 South Dixie Hwy., Pinecrest

miafunk2003 said:
nope cant find any

miafunk2003 said:
damn thanx alot the second one is actually really close...ill go check it out..

where exactly have you been looking?

just been driving around.....like i said i wasnt about to got to every liqour store in miami to find it......i went to exactly 27 liqour store and non had microbrew.....my bad for not going to one if i wouldve know then i wouldnt have started this thread so thatx to all of helping me and u others can stop flamin me

1. There is only 1 good liquor store for beer in Decatur Illinois.

And it sucks.

Since I work in Springfield (35 miles away) I go to Friar Tuck, which is basically beer heaven. Every other friday or so, I drive there after work, stare at the selection for a half hour or 45 minutes, drop some coin and am happy for a while.

At least you have a few options in your immediate vicinity, take it as a plus and grab some brew!

Ize

miafunk2003 said:
i dont know if any of u live in miami.but the majority ethnis group is hispanic....including myself...hispanics dont give a f@#k about micro brewerie they want presidente.hieneken...hatuey....becks....bud light and so on..Things are provided to the consumer if there is a demand for it. Second of all im not about to call 3000 liqour stores to find a beer. I have visited alot of liqour stores in my area meaning 10 15 mins away.Im not going to go to orlando for a beer or anything like that. The only place i know i can get a homebrew is from HOPS the restaraunt or gordon bierch. Beside that the only place i had a microbrewery is cheescake factory where they sell sierra nevada.

You have a Hops still open near you? All of them in the Orlando area have closed down. :(

Your ABC has no selection of micros, whatsoever? I've never seen an ABC that didn't have at least a small choice of micros and imports. :confused:

we have ABC stores here in NC that actually have that "ABC" on the side of the building. Our stores only sell liquor. No beer and no wine.

I understand some states are different; in colorado liquor stores sell all three.

I don't know about FL

Correct, all three are sold in Florida.

We just can't get 40oz beer bottles. :mad: :mad: So many ghetto malts that I would love to try are only sold in 40s. :mad:

No one ever answered you about Gordon Biersch, so I will. Every time I'm in Vegas, I make it a point to eat (drink) there at least once. In-house beers and good food - you can certainly beat the price, but I always enjoy the experience!

Hmmm, heres one more for the BS call.

And if you are 22 then i will assume you go to the University of Miami and will chalk up your inability to find beer due to that...........GO HUSKERS

Reverend JC said:
Hmmm, heres one more for the BS call.

And if you are 22 then i will assume you go to the University of Miami and will chalk up your inability to find beer due to that...........GO HUSKERS

They might actually have a chance this year, too bad my Irish are done already.

You think they are done? that was a pretty sweet comeback last weekend! I bet the bookies hated that.

I was in Lincoln on a business trip last weekend. They comped us all-access passes to the Troy State game (56-0, Nebraska) and treated us really well. I'm now a Huskers fan!

93067.jpg

Thank god i found a liqour store that has a good selection of micro brews ...i bought two six packs. 1 was the dogfish head 60min IPA and the other one was Avery brewing's IPA...about gordon biersch ill probably be going today do u recomend a certain beer? and third of all i dont go to UM it costs to much i go to miami dade college.

one more thing they charged me 11 bucks for eack six pack.....soungd like a rip off to me ....maybe its due to the lack of people selling microbrews?

Back