Man arrives at bar with pet alligator; cops called

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ytsejam

Reaction score
Man arrives at bar with pet alligator; cops called

By Associated Press

HUNTINGTON BEACH, Calif. -- Heard the one about the guy who walked into a bar with an alligator?

At Johnny's Saloon in Orange County, it was more than a joke early Saturday when a man arrived with his 3-foot pet gator on a leash.

By the time police and animal control officers arrived at Johnny's, the gator was in the man's vehicle in the parking lot. Officers followed him home, where another alligator was found, animal control spokesman Ryan Drabek said.

Both alligators were impounded and were being held Wednesday pending an investigation by the Department of Fish and Game, Drabek said.

Alligators are not native to California and it is illegal to keep them as pets.

A woman who answered the telephone at Johnny's Wednesday night declined to comment.

:ban:

Johnny's is a coupla few blocks from my house.

I'm not sayin' the place is dive but... It does not surprise me that someone would bring in a big-assed reptile.

You mean you CAN'T bring an alligator to a bar? Next thing you know you'll be telling me it's illegal to shoot off a gun while in the throes of passion with your woman.

More stupid people:

[ame="http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/2008/11/17/cougar.attacks.girl.wsvn"]Video - Breaking News Videos from CNN.com[/ame]

"it's not aggressive...'cause, you know, Alan raises it to be around people"

I don't know who's the bigger idiot, the two that tresspassed into the guy's yard or the idiot who "raises" them. :rolleyes: People really need to get over the Disney belief that domesticating large animals that aren't far removed from their wild instincts into cute, cuddly animals is a good idea. Get a freakin' dog or cat, for chrissakes.

Back