Can you please help me pick my next brew? I can't decide between two.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which one?

• Original 1982 Sierra Nevada Pale Ale Clone

• Nut Brown Ale

Results are only viewable after voting.

fat x nub

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Ok...so its either a Nut Brown Ale or an Original 1982 Sierra Nevada Pale Ale Clone. Vote for me. Both are AG recipes

EDIT: Here are the recipes....

Sierra Nevada

8lbs amercian 2-row
8oz crystal malt 10L
3/4oz cluster hops (60 minutes)
3/4oz cascade (30 minutes)
1/2oz tettnanger (30 minutes)
1/2oz cascade (1 minute)
1/2oz tettnager (1 minute)
Wyeast Amercan Ale Yeast #1056

Nut Brown Ale

7 lbs Pale Malt
1 lbs crystal 80L
10oz crystal 120L
.5 lbs speacial roast 50L
Pale Chocolate 200L
Carafa Special II 430L
.85oz Kent Goldings
Safale S-04

EDIT: I know people are talkin about the weather and how its gunna get fall soon. Remember, I am in Georgia so it won't get the cool of fall until mid october

Could I see the recipes?

If you must....

Sierra Nevada

8lbs amercian 2-row
8oz crystal malt 10L
3/4oz cluster hops (60 minutes)
3/4oz cascade (30 minutes)
1/2oz tettnanger (30 minutes)
1/2oz cascade (1 minute)
1/2oz tettnager (1 minute)
Wyeast Amercan Ale Yeast #1056

Nut Brown Ale

7 lbs Pale Malt
1 lbs crystal 80L
10oz crystal 120L
.5 lbs speacial roast 50L
Pale Chocolate 200L
Carafa Special II 430L
.85oz Kent Goldings
Safale S-04

Well from the standpoint of hop availability I would go with the nutbrown but then again gotta always love a good pale ale.

I'm brewing some darker stuff these days to get ready for the onset of fall, and I think a good nut brown is perfect when the air is crisp.

I, too, am a fan of a nut brown to welcome in the fall. Sadly mine had to be dumped because of improper rinsing of PBW on my part. Boo!

I am partial to the nut brown ale, but then I am looking forward to autumn!! :ban:

I would be tempted to modify that to a Maple Pecan Brown Ale.

Now I am hungry for a pecan pie :)

i'd go nut brown. i made a similar brew a few months ago (subbing LME for the 2-row) and added two tablespoons of fresh coffee grounds during the last 3 minutes of the boil. just gotta make sure your strainer is a fine mesh to keep the grounds out of the fermenter. In three months when it starts to cool off in Atlanta, this one should be drinking pretty good.

I just made that brown ale recipe today!!!! Brewing classic styles!! I tightened up my crush though and the OG came out @ 1.050. Alot higher than Jamil says, but it should be great.

I just made that brown ale recipe today!!!! Brewing classic styles!! I tightened up my crush though and the OG came out @ 1.050. Alot higher than Jamil says, but it should be great.

haha! I love this book...my mom got it for me for my birthday yesterday. There aree so many great recipes in there

Latest posts

Back