Favorite Lawnmower Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Favorite Lawnmower Beer

• German Light Lager

• American Light Lager

• Blonde Ale

• Cream Ale

• Kölsch

• American Wheat

• German Wheat

• Belgian (Wit, Saison, etc.)

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Beerrific

Reaction score
For some of us the temperatures are starting to rise and it has me contemplating my summer drinking. I already have two nice light beers lagering and am contemplating one or two more.

I just thought it would be interesting to find out what everyone's favorite lawnmower beer style is. What you have brewing or plan on brewing for the warmer months?

None of the above. A dry stout is the closest I get to a "lawnmower beer". I do tend to prefer lower gravity beers in the hot months but a big export stout is also tasty. If I'm hot and thirsty I drink water or unsweetened tea.

Craig

In about two weeks, I'll be brewing my cream ale. It's a good one for hot summer days (even though we don't get hot summer days here, as a rule) and out in the fishing boat. It's lighter and refreshing, but still has plenty of flavor. I'll also make a Kolsch this spring, too, and see which I prefer.

I've got a Kolsch brewing right now. 2 weeks in the primary at 60 degrees and its still going strong. I play to age it another month or 2 around 40 degrees. Hopefully we'll have some warm days by then.

I would have to say a Kolsch first and coming in close second would be a wheat.
Have a Kolsch in the works and the wheat was bottled last weekend.

A good blonde ale or golden ale is always good.

For lawnmower beer, I prefer Coors. I know, I know.

The thing is, I went to college in Golden, lived there for ten years, and at one point rented a studio apartment in a house directly across the street from the brewery that was once the plant foreman's home, pre-prohibition.

Drinking Coors is a little like going home. Being across the street from the brewery, I sure consumed plenty of it in the tasting room.

Back