Ever have a beer milkshake?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know what.... I think a nice oatmeal stout, or Choklat from southern tier, would make a pretty good shake!

I was thinking about making ice cream with some Chocolate Oak Aged Yeti. I bet it would be mighty nice.

Actually Guinness and Vanilla Ice-cream is is quite popular. Dragonmead Microbrewery in Michigan evidently early Saturday afternoon serves a shake/float with their stout and icecream to the Saturday Regulars.

We've been talking for a week about the Sam Adam's Octoberfest shake here.

Yard House (chain place that has over 100 beers on tap, not sure if they're outside California) has a couple ice cream floats on their menu. One uses Young's Double Chocolate Stout and the other uses Timmermans Framboise. My wife loves both of them. Actually, she really liked my coffee stout with a couple scoops of vanilla ice cream also.

I recently did a mocha porter beer float with coffee ice cream. The coffee in the ice cream qualified it as a great breakfast beer!

Yard House (chain place that has over 100 beers on tap, not sure if they're outside California) has a couple ice cream floats on their menu. One uses Young's Double Chocolate Stout and the other uses Timmermans Framboise. My wife loves both of them. Actually, she really liked my coffee stout with a couple scoops of vanilla ice cream also.

There's a bar in DC that makes a neapolitan layered beer. Young's Double Chocolate Stout, a strawberry lambic, and a witbier. I bet a scoop of ice cream would taste phenomenal in that.

We've got some local guys that have Dunkelweiss floats once in a while. Never had one but I wouldn't doubt it fairly tasty.

I've had a lot of Guinness floats over the years. Come to think of it, I bet my own vanilla robust porter with a scoop of vanilla would be leagues better.

Guess I'll be buying some ice cream on my way home tonight!

In college, we used to make this concoction we called "Summer Beer." It was 1/2 beer, 1/4 lemonaide, and 1/4 ice, blended like a frozen drink. The most hardcore drinkers did 1/2 beer, 1/4 margarita w/tequilla. 1/4 ice blended like a frozen drink.

Both were surprisingly good!!

Back