New to Forum Intermediate Brewer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello
I am new to this forum.
Real name is Roger R. Live in Pikeville TN.
I am a 'senior' brewer as in aged 71 :)
Been brewing since Jan 2011. I found MR Beer Community forum after my third recipe.
I learned how to make good even great MRB extract beer.

To date I have brewed 50 recipes. I brew all extract. I have made a number advanced MRB recipes with added LME/DME/UME along with hop boils. I have made 4 of the Muntons Gold extracts.

While I have enjoyed and learned from the other forum, I felt I needed to join another forum for more exposure to extract brewers and new/different opinions.
I also have an issue with the new Cooper MRB forums. They own both MR BEER FANS and the MRB Community.
Its their forum and they can control it as they desire.
I choose to limit my future association.
Comments are in the Extract MRB section.

I want to be a member of an open forum with no business ownership. We the members own this forum.
If I fit in I will join later.

I have brewed all the MRB HME recipes, added UME LME DME and hops. I have also brewed 2 of the Muntons Gold and plan on more.

I am planning on expanding out to steeping grains and 5 gal kits split to make a 2.5 batch.

I do not really want to make 5 gal recipes, nor mash or AG. I am pleased with extract brewing. I would stay with the MRB recipes if it were not for the Cooper takeover.
To date I have 5 of the new CMRB recipes in the LBK and 3 in bottles. Initial impression is not very good.
Reserve judgement for later.
However cost and questions about the recipes is going to drive me to other sources of extract brewing.

I have 4 - 2 gal kegs in use. I keep at least 3 going full time unless the pipeline is to full :) I have a temperature controlled freezer for the ales and a modified refridge for the lager. I only use PET bottles 32 and 16 oz. I have 2 TAD kegs. For now this all works for me.

I like all the styles except wheat and fruit. I have the new CMRB Bav Wiess in the bottle. Might try a real wheat beer later.

That is about a long enough introduction. Looking forward to learing more from the forum.

RR

Welcome to the forum. I enjoyed reading your post and understanding your take on smaller batches. It sounds like you have a fair amount of experience with brewing, bottling and kegging the less than five gallon batch.

I hope that you are able to find what you are looking for here.

Mark

Welcome to HBT. I still my LBK for 2.5 gallon batch, both extract and AG. Hope we can help you continue the addiction beyond Mr. Beer kits.

Back