Philly Area Home Brew Club?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jjward101

Reaction score
Is anyone aware of any? And, how many of you out there are in the Philly area, out of curiosity.

I'm from York. There is a brew club here. I am sure there is a club in Philly.

Yep, I've heard of plenty in the area, and I think South Jersey also has a few. HOPS is the one my closest LHBS is involved with. Sounds pretty cool, they meet at byos in the area. Their web site also suggest a few other clubs.

http://www.hopsclub.org/

I'm from Pennsauken NJ, right over the Betsy Ross Br.

Don't know of any clubs, but I've got a few friends who brew (and this website) and that's good enough for me.

I live in South Philly, I've heard of the HOPS club one ( link posted above) but know next to nothing about it.

I grew up in Swarthmore (parents still live there), but I didn't start brewing until I moved to Nashville, so unfortunately I am currently unaware of the local homebrew clubs. I suspect there have to be homebrew 'sleeper cells', if you will, being there is a decent population density in those parts. I know a few people who homebrew in and around Swarthmore, so I can ask around.

Broomall - not in any clubs and never tried to find one to join, but BYOB on Darby Road in Havertown has tastings every month. By coincidence, one is tonight at 7:00. Stop by.

I'm in S Philly. Found this board when searching for a home brew club in the city. Doesn't seem like there's a whole lot out there... might be worth creating.

TimeBaby said:
I grew up in Swarthmore (parents still live there), but I didn't start brewing until I moved to Nashville, so unfortunately I am currently unaware of the local homebrew clubs. I suspect there have to be homebrew 'sleeper cells', if you will, being there is a decent population density in those parts. I know a few people who homebrew in and around Swarthmore, so I can ask around.

Were you in 'swarthmore' or the ridley part using the same zip. I am in the latter....which somehow seems to piss off the real Swarthmoreans, lol.

There is , as it turns out, a club that meets at HomeSweetHomebrew in center city...and it is called HOPS. I was just in the store to pickup ingredients, and I have to say that George Hummell was far more friendly, and willing to help a noob than any of our other local hbs'.
While I wont ignore byob in Havertown, I felt that George really went above and beyond in helping me.

Bruclear meets the first Tuesday of each month. We will be meeting on April 5th at 7 pm. I believe it is at the Craft Ale in Collegeville on the 5th.

I have been a member for 4 months, a good group of brewers (award winners). We have some great tasting sessions during the meetings.

I know this is an old thread, but I just wanted to add to the list for any others in the western suburbs of Philly. There is the Main Line Brewers Association which means near Villanova University, also. They were just getting organized around the time this thread started.

A lot of good guys, maybe 40-50 active members.

http://mainlinebrewers.com/

Cheers

Back