20 gallons in 6 hours...a good evening.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wables

Reaction score
I brewed my first "stacked" double 10 gallon batch of the winter season. I have a 3 keggle setup, and I haven't been able to brew double batches in the winter because in the summer I run my cooler off the garden hose, and in the winter I need to use one of my kegs to hold cold water pumped through my chiller. Last week I put hot and cold taps in the garage so I could pull brewing water and run my chiller from the tap in the winter. Best benjamin I ever spent! I also got to break in a new MLT tonight. My 37 qt Coleman X-treme was pretty tight for 10 gallon batches, so I picked up a 62 qt. for the second mash.

I brewed 10 gallons of Oatmeal Stout and 10 gallons of American Pale Ale. Can you say 20 gallons of black and tan?

Wow, congrats sir. To say that is a solid day of brewing would be an understatement.

Keep rubbing it in. :mad:

Seriously though, congrats on both the volume and the efficiency. Sounds like you had a great weekend. And in a few months when they're ready, I get the feeling you'll have a really great weekend.

Back