What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ice beer & vodka. Trying to save $$ to re-brew a pm recipe that didn't come out right,imo. Need to mod my partial mash process. Must evolve...

Ice beer & vodka. Trying to save $$ to re-brew a pm recipe that didn't come out right,imo. Need to mod my partial mash process. Must evolve...

You mean like Bud Ice or something along those lines?? Or is there an acutal beer style of ice beer?? If you do Bud Ice and vodka that would get ya twisted fast!!!:rockin:

Getting funky with a porter in the mash tun!

image-3983079863.jpg

NordeastBrewer77 said:
Most excellent. One of my faves. Cloudy and chunky, lots of bitter hops, floral hops nose and flavor, long lingering bitterness.

Sounds great. I see its available in Chicago. I guess I'll have to get my parents to bring me back some when they visit.

Okay... Here's the list in no particular order... Highland brewing Gaelic ale, chimay blue, ommegang dubbel( that sucker tasted straight up like slick butterscotch, it was off...) lindeman's framboise, an imperial ESB, SN Celebration ale, and a home brew pumpkin ale. I split most of this tasting session with my buddy.

Oh how I miss my Highland Gaelic.

I would love to hear how your Founders Breakfast clone turns out.

BTW I'm having a Schafly Pale Ale - very underrated in my book.

scored some Shiner "Holiday Cheer" cheap stuff.. great spice to it. starting think the texans do it right. :)

NordeastBrewer77 said:
If they're coming in Feb or around then, tell them to get you Double Crooked Tree too, both are excellent IPA/IIPA.

Thanks for the tip! They come down here quite a bit so they should be coming down around then. I have some New Holland Mad Hatter coming with them soon.

nukebrewer said:
I sure hope I can continue to find this in cans. The clear bottles just can't compete.

They are great if your intent is to complain to the company and get a box of free Belhaven gear ;) seriously though, I wish I could get those. I wonder if they can the Wee Heavy.

Wife and I started a full raw food diet sans fermented foods. So needless to say, I am ****ing hungry, so it will be lots and lots of doppelbock until my gravlaks finishes curing, along with my halibut/lingcod ceviche. Eating only apples and some raw milk for a whole work day will leave you starving. I have a few big bags of almond powder, and I heard of a drink made with honey, almond powder and milk being an all encompassing food source. Anyone have an idea for ratios?

They are great if your intent is to complain to the company and get a box of free Belhaven gear ;) seriously though, I wish I could get those. I wonder if they can the Wee Heavy.

I once got a free t-shirt from Great Divide and I didn't even complain. All I did was ask a question.

I've also wondered if they can the wee heavy. That would be awesome.

odinsgift said:
Wife and I started a full raw food diet sans fermented foods. So needless to say, I am ****ing hungry, so it will be lots and lots of doppelbock until my gravlaks finishes curing, along with my halibut/lingcod ceviche. Eating only apples and some raw milk for a whole work day will leave you starving. I have a few big bags of almond powder, and I heard of a drink made with honey, almond powder and milk being an all encompassing food source. Anyone have an idea for ratios?

Dude, you have my sentiments. I did a month of raw food as per my wife and I felt like weeping the first day. That crap simply will not appease your hunger in the way that we are accustomed. I'm not even overweight and I lost 10 lbs doing it though, and there was a feeling of accomplishment. Found it all right away, back up to 235.

Back