thank you sticky

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mummasan

Reaction score
Really, thank you KCwarthog for the sticky at the top of the forum, and then thank you Steve Piatz for helping me make my first mead.That handout is great.

I bought all my ingredients, mixed them up and fermented. My OG was 1090 and after six days it is down to 1015 and the sample is drinkable. In fact, it tastes quite good...a bit cloudy, somewhat twangy and there is a mild burn as it slides down my throat. (Come to think of it, reminds me of Boonesfarm.) All it needs now is four or five weeks to settle and I should have a first class mead.

I used 11 lbs of lehua honey and pitched the Narbonne yeast. I fermented in an extra corney with a airlock jammed in the pressure relief hole. The one thing that had me worried was that fermentation activity was almost undetectable. I had no airlock activity, there was no krausen and there was no odor either.

Back