Moving up in the world!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BansheeRider

Reaction score
I haven't even finished brewing my first batch with my Mr Beer kit but decided to take advantage of the MidWest Supplies online sale. I bought my first real brewers kit with an Autumn Amber Ale recipe kit. This is the kit I bought http://www.midwestsupplies.com/brewing-starter-kit.html

I still have to buy a brew pot, bottles, thermometer, and large spoon for mixing. Anybody have any suggestion with this kit as I am a beginner brewer? Does anybody own this kit?

I haven't even finished brewing my first batch with my Mr Beer kit but decided to take advantage of the MidWest Supplies online sale. I bought my first real brewers kit with an Autumn Amber Ale recipe kit. This is the kit I bought http://www.midwestsupplies.com/brewing-starter-kit.html

I still have to buy a brew pot, bottles, thermometer, and large spoon for mixing. Anybody have any suggestion with this kit as I am a beginner brewer? Does anybody own this kit?

Nice! You've got two fermenters. Cool the wort and go!!! :rockin:

Rick

That looks a lot like the kit I bought from my local brew supply shop when I started brewing at home. Looks like you have what you need to get started aside from a brewpot & stove.

If you plan on brewing outdoors a turkey fryer comes with both a pot and a burner for a reasonable price. Might not be the best quality, but its enough to get you started without breaking the bank.

As far as bottles, I've always found it more cost effective to buy bottles with beer in them :cross:. You just have to look for brands that don't use twist offs. Many awesome beers come in bottles that can be reused. Just make sure to rinse 'em once you empty 'em.

Sounds good! I'll probably end up going to Target to buy a pot because I have a gift card. Hopefully my electric stove can boil 5 gal of water.

I started with a coopers kit. The bottles were okay to start, but I ended up grabbing 80 grolsch swing top bottles for a buck each, and a 100 pack of gaskets on ebay for $15 or so. I love the ease of using them, and they seem cheap in the long run. And I'd imagine they would hold their value, if you move on to kegging and want to sell them.

Back