Cleaning Gunk Off of Clear Vinyl Tubing???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ScrewBrew

Reaction score
I've got some stubborn tubing. Long story short I never really cleaned my vinyl lines after use...I just rinsed them in hot water and soaked them in Star San.

I brewed in a part of the house that gets alot of sunlight for the first time and realized how stained my lines were! Stained lines equal organic matter. I haven't had an infection yet most likely due to the over sanitation....but organic matter, even if dead as a doornail does not make good beer. Lesson learned.

So I went out and got some PBW from by LHBS and filled a 5 gallon bucket up with hot water and mixed in 5oz of the PBW. I let the lines sit for 5 days.

They are definetely cleaner but you can still see some film on the inside. My blowoff tube is still stained. I rinsed with super hot water a bunch of times but they are still not clean enough.....what gives!?!?

What cleaner works best for this? I don't know how I would get a brush though 6 ft of tubing. Any ideas? Will BLC work by just letting it sit?

Thanks!:tank:

I have "PIG"ed my keg serving lines a few times with rolled up bits of paper towel, wetted, shoved in the line and then blown through with mains water from the tap. Clears them out pretty good.

Latest posts

Back