Cigar smokers can you give a rookie some advice?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I visited this cigar shop while down in Ft Worth a couple weeks ago.

http://tobaccolaneonthesquare.com

The guy running the place had suggested a few different cigars to me and I bought 3.

I remembered hearing about the short story so I mentioned it. He said it wasn't a bad cigar in his opinion and not one he would normally recommend. I tried it and thought it was ok but not one of my favorites so far. I will definitely try it again though.

The first one he recommended to me was a Gurkha royal challenge. I smoked that one yesterday and enjoyed it. I will buy it again and probably a couple others they have to offer just to try them out.

The last one I bought from them, I smoked the same day and can't remember what it was. :drunk:

I really need to pick up a decent low end humidor.

Just a few that I really enjoy:

Bauza Pyramid is a wonderful starter cigar. Light leaf makes for an easy smoker.

My favorite is the CAO Americas Monument. Dark leaf that is surprising light, draws like a pencil!

I always go for Romeo and Juliete, there not too price and good. My favorite i found are JFR cigars. I'm a noobie too but i've been finding some good cigar though i buy one at a time at the moment

I actually found RyJ seconds in my smokeshop when i first got into them. Really good, torpedo shaped and nice mild flavor. Everyone in my dart league started to buy them too.

Back