The Dysfunctional-Palooza Obnoxious Masshole BS Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You'd be surprised at what I've seen people fit in an overhead bin.

55 gallon drum is no problem. Gotta remove legs first though.

upload_2018-12-22_13-56-21.jpeg

my my, this thread seems to have taken a dark turn.

Maybe just the holidays... anyway, hope you all are coping to some degree...

And he has the beginnings of a blacksmithing forge. Spent yesterday learning how to weld with my pal Arty. Put together this firebox out of 3/8” plate. The ash dump and bellows pipe is 3” and the forge tabletop is a piece of 36” x 36” x 1/4” plate. I’ll make legs out of 1” square tube next time I have a free day off. So probably in May.

IMG_2285.JPG
IMG_2286.JPG
IMG_2287.JPG

Last edited:
Paulie's finally realized it's better to cremate the dead prostitutes rather than bury them under the shed. Smaller chance of matching their dental records.

EDIT: What am I saying? Paulie's hookers don't have any teeth...

Brake rotor was Plan A. Did some more reading and learned about fire temp as related to depth of the fuel and where the oxidation occurs. Turns out you need a deeper fire so you are not oxidizing the object you’re making. Rotors won’t do that.

And those few hooker teeth are a tough burn.

What are you going to make with forge?

Them teeth jokes aren't so funny, remember the guy who chipped his wife in Connecticut a couple of decades ago? they caught him because of the teeth in the chipper he rented, same model as mine, 50HP diesel Brush Bandit 90. Working girls, and even wives, are people too. BTW, they say a body wont chip well if not frozen first. And no links to the Fargo scene, those chippers are ridiculous, only make noise, no chips.

I've got so much metal in my yard, I sure don't need to make more, just filled a big roll off dumpster w scrap metal, and we could barely get the door shut. Probably could do that a couple more times, but might start chucking things I'd regret later by the end of the second dumpster, but how many take out diesels and truck rears does one need?

There was a Scottish guy who lives around here made it pretty big making big swords for that sort of thing, had a tv show and stuff for a while, sells the swords made to order for big bucks.

What are you going to make with forge?

There is a pond down in Barnstable (Hathaway’s Pond) where just about everyone in eastern Mass does their initial open water check out dives. There are a couple of platforms in 20 odd feet of water, built up off the bottom so as not to screw up the visibility as students practice their skills. There are a few statues, an old stolen Volvo and a 30’ cabin cruiser all scattered around at various depths throughout the pond, put there over the years by various dive shops, fire departments, etc.

A dear friend of mine, Don Ferris, has been instrumental in that scene for years. I’d like to make a King Neptune statue, maybe 10’ tall, to place down there next to the cabin cruiser in honor of him. Something akin to the King Neptune sculpture in Curaçao.

529E2E75-50B9-4D2D-A819-A331A67E894E-377-000000321480CE3D.jpeg

Last edited:
If I was going to build a statue out of steel, I'd probably make it out of existing metal parts from scrap piles, assembled with 6011 drag weld & buzz box, but then again, I'm either too busy and/or unmotivated to make "art" of any kind anymore.

I did my first open water dive off E Chop, nice collection of discarded beverage containers, dead eel grass and spider crabs, for as far as the eye can see, haven't dived since my boat sank in '05.

Today I start to reassemble gutted interior of my off island truck; '97 Dodge w Cummins & NV4500. Mice got in there real bad, had to replace heater core, AC evap, carpet, etc. But that is not art...oh well.

So this crazy lady took sharp steel rods and jammed them down between my teeth and gums to see if she could get them to come out the soles of my feet. Then she took a bastard file and got to work on the surface of my teeth.

Biatch, you’d better slow your roll.

Back