Ale to the chief

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duffy85

Reaction score
Hello there. Last night I had a brew night with my roommate, the one and only jimmypop! I have made one batch of beer, one mead and one hard cider. This was my first batch where I made my own beer, didn't get a kit. I took alot from Shiner, bur changed it up a bit.

2.8 lbs. Briess light liquid malt extract
1.9 lbs. Rice syrup solids
.25 lbs 6-row pale malt
1.0 lbs. Munich malt
.66 lbs. Cyrstal malt
.75 oz roasted barley
4.5 aau golden hops flower .6 oz
wyeast pacman

well that's it. I am waiting for the bubbler to start up, it's been about 20 hours, so a little worried. I'll try and keep you updated on it.

Hello there. Last night I had a brew night with my roommate, the one and only jimmypop! I have made one batch of beer, one mead and one hard cider. This was my first batch where I made my own beer, didn't get a kit. I took alot from Shiner, bur changed it up a bit.

2.8 lbs. Briess light liquid malt extract
1.9 lbs. Rice syrup solids
.25 lbs 6-row pale malt
1.0 lbs. Munich malt
.66 lbs. Cyrstal malt
.75 oz roasted barley
4.5 aau golden hops flower .6 oz
wyeast pacman

well that's it. I am waiting for the bubbler to start up, it's been about 20 hours, so a little worried. I'll try and keep you updated on it.

Congrats on the brew, roommate. Sounds like a good light american beer.

I have had some that took a couple of days to notice fermentation. Give it at least 48 hrs. Good luck to you.
Steve

I used a clone out of brew it yourself. I changed the yeast from lager, to ale. The fermentation temps around 65. It's started to bubble!! And smells nice.

Ell after about 2 weeks in the primary the bubbler never really picked up much. It did go for a couple days, but not how some of mne have gone. So I moved it to my secondary and added my back up pack of Nottingham yeast. It's started back up the next day. This time it went for about a week. I've let it sit for several weeks and have moved it to bottles. Well after a week of it bottled I had to chill one bottle amd try it....

And it was amazing! Light, not much hops, has a some what carmel taste to it, and very clean after taste. I'm proud. It's not perfect, and I've been workig on a new beer, but it's pretty damn good. Can't wait for it to age a little more!

Back