First Recipe Advice

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.TC

Reaction score
I am buying my firt kit today and will be picking up the ingredients for my first recipe today also. I like pilsner style beer honey wheat ale, pretty much anything German or wheat. I need some good first batch recipes that are really good. I need to convince my wife that the money is worth it. Any good recipes would be greatly appreciated!!! Thank you......:ban:

I would suggest getting a kit, either from the online folks or your LHBS. This "should" be tried and true recipes that will give you good results.

Edit: Or a Geuze.

If your wife is going to drink it then make a style she likes. If she doesn't like beer I don't think it will matter what you brew, she probably won't like it.

I need to convince my wife that the money is worth it.
You'll need to define "worth it" 'cause if you're talking dollars and cents then odds are very good it won't be. If you're talking enjoyment, however, it's a different kettle of fish 'n chips (with a nice homebrew to drink, of course).

Rick

Nah she likes beer but she doesnt see why I would not buy some beer instead of make it. Thats all.

Back