CO2 in Washington, DC?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sar881

Reaction score
For those of you that live in DC...

I cant seem to find a place in or near DC that fills CO2 tanks. I dont have a car so too far outside city limits is no go. I work 9-5 so a place that closes at 5 (like most ive found) is a no go. Any one have any luck finding a place that is close to the city and open after normal work hours?

Laurel Bottle Gas will do it, it's closer than annapolis homebrew for sure...

Still outside city limits though.

Do a search for [ame="http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=washington+dc+bottle+gas&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8"]bottle gas[/ame], someone there must do it...

kvh

call welding shops, they sell CO2.
call fire extinguisher shops....they sell CO2.
call liquor stores that sell keg'd beer...they often sell CO2.

There is Rockville Fire Extinguisher in Rockville that does refills. They are close to the Twinbrook Metro stop. They're only open 8-5 though. Roberts Oxygen does swaps and I think they may have Saturday hours. There are a couple in the area.

Another thing to consider is that you may not be able to bring a pressurized tank onto Metro or a Metrobus. Might want to look into that.

Back