pump under sink help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bluesfastduce

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I'm going to install a pump under the sink in my garage so that I don't have to drag all my equipment up stairs to clean it. I want to install the drain line following the red line in the pictures below. I know I need about 1/8 drop per foot and a foot valve, but about how high does the foot valve need to be and do I need a vent line on the pump box or on the line at the high point? Also, should I install a garbage disposal in line before the pump box so grains don't clog the pump. I don't know if it matters or not, but the run will go up about 7ft then go 9ft into a 90 and go another 28ft into existing plumbing that is in the hole seen in the picture.

Then on the water side I want to tap in before and after the water heater, is that ok to do, or do I need to find another source for the water?

20121208_135041.jpg

20121208_135056.jpg

20121208_135113.jpg

You'll want the check valve as close to the box as possible, so the water above it will force it closed. You'll also want to vent the box.

Back