Thoughts on Draft Magazine?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jpoder

Reaction score
Does anyone have an opinion on Draft Magazine ? I keep seeing promotions for it on various groupon-like websites...$12 for a year's subscription (my SWMBO sent me a link asking if I would like to get the mag) I've never seen or read this magazine, so thought I'd ask opinions here.

BTW, HERE is the link my wife sent if anyone is interested.

I've picked it up a few times. Not a homebrewer magazine, and not a great beer rating magazine. BUT, it's got tons of fantastic pictures, and some pretty decent articles. A nice read when you are sitting there with nothing to do, but pretty glossy without much meat for the homebrewer.

That's a pretty good price considering what it costs at the news stand.

that's not a bad price! You should bring that up tonight! ;) As far as the mag, i have never picked an issue up.

A friend of mine got a free(?) subscription. He loves beer but he's not that much of a connoisseur so he just gives the magazines to me. Homercidal's description is spot on.

*edit*
you can sign up for a free digital edition if you want to check it out before subscribing.

A friend of mine got a free(?) subscription. He loves beer but he's not that much of a connoisseur so he just gives the magazines to me. Homercidal's description is spot on.

*edit*
you can sign up for a free digital edition if you want to check it out before subscribing.

yup, i occasionally check out the online version. some of the articles are ok, but it seems like (at least on the online version) that they are looking for more feedback than actually offering anything...the print may be different, though.

I signed up for a cheap subscription once, never got the magazine (they never billed me either). Never bothered to follow up.

I've gotten it for a couple years. I also get All About Beer. I don't get homebrew mags because I spend a lot of time reading about homebrewing online so the magazines give me a good opportunity to learn about new beers without having to wade into the rating sites like BA.

Draft is not technical about beer and has no homebrewing discussion. However it does a great job of approaching beer for the drinker in a very broad way. There is often food recipes for using beer, which I really like.

Anyone wishing to try DRAFT for a cheap price can do so by using promocode "homebrewtalk". Just thought we'd save you the trouble of signing up for a daily deal if anyone was interested.

Anyone wishing to try DRAFT for a cheap price can do so by using promocode "homebrewtalk". Just thought we'd save you the trouble of signing up for a daily deal if anyone was interested.

Lol, was this whole thread a plant?

Anyhow I've never even heard of the magazine. The articles on the website seem pretty cool though. BTW that promo code he gave us is for $10 off.

Back