Competition Advice

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

curlyfat

Reaction score
I really want to ramp up my competition entries to about one a month to get some great feedback and tweak recipes as I move towards the potential of "going pro".

This website is great, but I want to enter the biggest/most legit possible. Does anyone have advice on what upcoming competitions might be the most useful to enter?

I really want to ramp up my competition entries to about one a month to get some great feedback and tweak recipes as I move towards the potential of "going pro".

This website is great, but I want to enter the biggest/most legit possible. Does anyone have advice on what upcoming competitions might be the most useful to enter?

MCAB qualifiers are good in general.

Otherwise look for comps in SF, So Cal, Twin Cities, and other places that have a ton of trained judges.

For the rest of the year I'd say Dixie Cup, Hoppy Halloween and Happy Holidays are good bets.

Upper Mississippi Mashout in January is big and awesome. Blue Bonnet in March is also huge.

Awesome. That's exactly the sort of advice I was looking for! I've only entered 3 competitions, the NHC, a small one in Cheyenne, and a VERY small one here locally. Need to broaden my horizons.
:mug:

Back