Greetings from South East Michigan!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VApatriot

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Noob brewer here just getting started. I live in South Eastern Michigan (Canton for those who may be familiar) and I'm just getting started in this wonderful hobby. Yesterday, I brewed my first batch of Irish Red ale, from an extract kit I bought from morebeer.com and it's fermenting as I write. Wish me luck!

RT

Greetings from Wyandotte. But you don't need to mail order a kit. Just head to Van Born, just east of Telegraph in Taylor and you will find an amazingly well stocked Local Home Brew Store -- Adventures in Homebrewing. They have a great recipe binder there and will fix you up with the base malt and steeping grains from their high-volume fresh stock. And the staff is very helpful. Homebrewing, Beer Brewing, Wine Making, and Home Brewing Supplies

BooneDocks - I know about Adventures in Homebrewing, that's where I bought my yeast, a growler and a couple other small things I needed. Fortunately for me, it's only about 10 minutes from work and on my way home! I bought my Irish Red kit from morebeer.com because that's where I bought some of my equipment and I figured I would save time and the shipping cost. I am planning on getting into AG very soon, just need a second burner (at least). I do have a question for anyone in this area, where is a good place to get bottles? I (ideally) would like to get 2-6 cases of 12 oz brown long neck bottles. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

RT

Do you have a recycle center near you? People throw them away even with the deposit.

Friends or relatives in Ohio or Indiana?

Sometimes they are offered on Craigslist.

Welcome. Are you from Virginia, cause that would be wild. I'm from Michigan, but live in VA.

As far as bottles go, check with a local bar. Maybe by paying the deposit you can pick up some empties.:mug:

Eh from the Clem. If you want to travel to the East side I've got a couple of cases of bottle that you can have. Some with labes, some without. I f**cking hate bottles.

Chris

Welcome. Are you from Virginia, cause that would be wild. I'm from Michigan, but live in VA.

No, I'm not originally from VA, but I lived in Yorktown for 5 years and miss it like crazy, especially during winter! I had to leave after the engineering job I had went to Mexico, thank you very much Mr. Clinton for signing NAFTA!:mad:

Chris300s - thanks for the offer, but I'm going to try to find what I need closer to home.

To everyone else, thanks for the warm welcome, this looks like a great forum, can't wait to read and learn more.:mug:

Back