Building a keggerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Inside means there is one less entry point into the inside to allow for the cold air to escape, otherwise having it inside just takes up room for more kegs or bottled beers. It's totally up to you.

I've been looking to buy a used fridge to build my kegerator, but most have the freezer box, can I just pull all that crap out with out damaging the cooling components?

I have heard that having your co2 bottle outside the kegerator give you more psi or capacity than inside ....having said that mines inside.

I intend to put it inside to save space and save myself the time of having to drill extra holes

I have heard that having your co2 bottle outside the kegerator give you more psi or capacity than inside ....having said that mines inside.
Co2 is measured by weight so that's a myth some have thought that because CO2 stays in a liquid form inside so there is less in it's gaseous form and the reading on the high side gauge will drop 200 to 300 psi so it was assumed that you have less. I keep mine outside because I don't like my gauges rusting and I would prefer to keep beer cold then the gas. :D

Back