Funny story, another reason to brew your own

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pivzavod

Reaction score
So I decided to goto a store today to buy some beer. I went to a local grocery store where I bought 2 x 22 oz of Becks for $3 / each. I noticed that today they had 4 pack of Grolcsh and since I just ordered my gear and will be bottling in the new future I am trying to stock up on beer bottles. I take the 4 pack to the counter and the guy is trying to charge me $14. I am not paying that much so I take the 4 pack back and pick up the same 2 x 22 oz of Becks that I bought yesterday for $3. I take it to the counter and I put down $6 but the guy wanted $2 more. I guess the guy thinks its ok to set any price he wants to customers and I guess some people are stupid and pay more. I went to another store 2 blocks away and paid $2.69 + tax for them and I bought 5 of them so I can charge it to a credit card and kept my cash :)

Another reason for me to stop buying beer is to avoid dealing with idiots like this and to avoid frequent trips to the store. I also hate getting some batches of beer that are not fresh and taste completely bad. I actually stopped buying a European dark ale that I used to get because the batches going around were almost undrinkable.

Wow, those prices are good compared to Canada! I pay $4.50 per bottle of Grolsch (500mL), and the $15.50 for a six-pack of Newcastle Brown Ale (330mL)! :mad:

Those Grolsch were 16 oz and they should be around $2.50 each when bought from a grocery store. Six pack of Newcastle would be no more then $12 and that would be expensive price in Manhattan, not in Brooklyn where I am. In here if you will not find it in a grocery store but you might in a supermarket and definitely in a beer distributor. There the prices might be around $1.50 per bottle or so. My coworker is a big fan of Newcastle and once I have some experience I will ask him to buy me the Newcastle kit and I'll brew him some beer and have some for myself ;)

well, I feel your pain, living in Utah, you have to pay an incredible amount to buy decent beer here.

It seems like I always have the urge to drink beer on sunday...so as i am ready to go to the store i realize...****! Im in the Bible Belt and can't buy alcohol on Sunday. So then i just go to the basement, open the fridge, and pour a nice pint from my corny

It seems like I always have the urge to drink beer on sunday...so as i am ready to go to the store i realize...****! Im in the Bible Belt and can't buy alcohol on Sunday. So then i just go to the basement, open the fridge, and pour a nice pint from my corny

Same thing happened to me yesterday but I’m in CT. I was near a beer cooler and though hmmm I could go for some beer during the game! But then damn it!! freakin Sunday. Luckily I am close to the MA border so I could swing on over and get some beer if needed.

In the low rent area of Boston, Newcastle goes for 8.99 a six-pack. Just have to make sure it is not expired!!! :rockin:

I'm NOT in the bible belt and I can't buy beer (or liquor) on Sunday. I won't get into how retarded I think it is, because it'll just start a huge political debate. We'll stick to something everyone can agree on: beer :mug:

i dont have a bible belt type of problem here in brooklyn. it is even possible to buy beer sometimes on sunday morning when alcohol is not for sale (from 4am - 12pm). problem i have is that these small stores think they can charge you different price depending on the time of day and who you are. $3 for 22 oz of Becks on Saturday and $4 for the same on Sunday.

$15 is nuts for a 6 pack, even if it is canadian (not that their is much of a differance right now). i can get a 6 pack of almost anything for $9 or less and a 12 pack for $15 or less. plus the 4 pack of grlosch 15.2oz (no more 16s..) for $8. speaking of that i need to pick up some more anchor 22s ($2.99) look better than the standard 22s.

They just threw out that law a couple months ago here in Colorado, and Sunday is my favorite day to drink beer! :cool:

Latest posts

Back