Fort Hood/Killeen/Copperas Cove Area Roll Call

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

masteraviator

Reaction score
Since no one else wants to speak up haha

Im in the killeen area, been brewing for a little while now.
Ive been to barley and hops but i go to blackhawk because its closer to my house the owner there is nice also.

I havent really looked into any clubs cause ill be leaving soon for san antonio for school. The scene down there should be pretty nice.

My home brewery is coming along very nicely its always a work in progress. I do 10 gal all grain batches but my problem is i only have a 20 gal capacity

Well hope to hear from other people

20 gallons on the begging end and I'm not a big fan of bottling but I have enough to do 5 gallons. I'm also in the process of building plastic conicals so that's gona be awesome.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Home Brew mobile app

Live in MPR, shop at Blackhawk.
May have to try the CC Store.
Work in Killeen and Temple

Names Tyler I just picked up brewing again. I live on post and have to deal with confined areas as far as brewing goes and I keep meeting challenges as far as my equipment goes simply because of the fact that i am living in the B's. Brewing is something i am very passionate about and I am always open to good advice.

I shop at Barley and Hops in Copperas Cove. George, a retired CSM is a heckuva guy and the sole shop keeper.

Is that the place on 190 that is a two story building, surrounded by tattoo parlors and looks like a head shop from the road?

I pass there on my way to lease property in Bend.

I was stationed at Hood 84-87. There were ZERO home brew shops back then. ...but plenty of pawn shops and used car lots! LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

@ Reverb, yes sir, pretty much.. On your left as you are West bound?

I've been brewing the the area since 2012 after getting back from some overseas adventures. Mostly shop at Black Hawk on Indian Head. In the process of revising my 2 vessal electric biab style thing to a 3 vessal fly sparging rig. Pending a control panel and a heat exchanger and I'll be back to AG, mostly extract/PM right now to bide my time.

I'm Jon. I just moved here from UT. I am in the final build stage of my E-Herms.

Hey Jon, Welcome!
Not a very active thread, lol
I'm heading to Utah next Thursday!
Where did you move to?

Im Tim, I live in copperas cove. My buddy and I have recently gotten into homebrew. Brewed two batches so far, just waiting for them to finish ferment now so we can get them bottled up. Loving the process so far and looking forward to learning more

^^^
This.
George is a great guy.
Blackhawk is in Heights if you get lost...

Back