Regarding bottling....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

archaeofreak

Reaction score
Hey! I have had my first brew in the fermenter for about 3 weeks now and was going to bottle today....I am going to Europe for 6 weeks tomorrow morning and dont really have time to do it. Would there be any problem in either leaving the beer in the fermenter for another 6 weeks while I am away, or if I can switch it to my glass carboy to sit for the 6 weeks before bottling when I return....or should I just go ahead and bottle tonight?
Thanks!

You'd be okay leaving it in primary.
Of course, racking it off into secondary off the yeast cake may ease your mind a little bit. Either way it will be fine.

+1

I wouldn't have any problem leaving it in primary. But a quick transfer to your carboy wouldn't hurt anything either. And while you're out in the old country you can hopefully enjoy a good pint while knowing you've got a tasty homebrew waiting for you when you get back!

Cheers

Back