SS mesh Vs. AL

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roggae

Reaction score
i am using aluminum mesh right now for my 'DIY' hopstopper. is this a bad idea? since it is al? should i use SS? where would i get SS mesh? i looked at my local mom and pop and meglo marts, but no luck. anyway i was just tossing this out there for discussion. should i go back to AL or push on to a new plane and get some SS? if so, where?

so you think i need to get SS? i have a ton of the AL left. is it going to cause off flavors. i have used it in several other beers. not sure if it caused any off flavors or not.

If it's working, just stick with what you've got. That is, unless you've got a SS fetish like some around here. See the AL vs SS threads. People have been using AL for a long time without any flavor problems - at least that they can remember :)

Please, some mod lock this thread before it turns into yet another SS v AL bitching match. Ugh. I've had enough of that. No, there's no off-flavors from aluminum.

Back