Mango beer - dried fruit or concentrated juice?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sathrovarr

Reaction score
Hi,
My friend asked me if I can make a mango beer,
So I've looked up for a recipe and found out that some use dried mango during the brewing and some use fresh fruits in the secondary, so my question is what is better?
Also, I think about using concentrated mango juice (that is made from real mangos and no additives), so I wanted to ask how to use? 1 concentrated juice cup is used for 0.4 gallons of water to make a juice, so should I use it the same in the beer?
Also, I wanted to ask what is the best base recipe to go with? should it be wheat beer? pale ale? amber ale?

Thanks

Hi,
My friend asked me if I can make a mango beer,
So I've looked up for a recipe and found out that some use dried mango during the brewing and some use fresh fruits in the secondary, so my question is what is better?
Also, I think about using concentrated mango juice (that is made from real mangos and no additives), so I wanted to ask how to use? 1 concentrated juice cup is used for 0.4 gallons of water to make a juice, so should I use it the same in the beer?
Also, I wanted to ask what is the best base recipe to go with? should it be wheat beer? pale ale? amber ale?

Thanks

We made a mango IPA, using mango puree in secondary. Used one 40 ounce can per 5 gallon batch.

I'd advocate for using the juice over the dried fruit, for a lot of reasons. For example, dried fruit often tastes different than fresh fruit, dried fruit often has more chemicals, etc.

Back