Chocolate covered Beavr Nutz

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ipabrewer25

Reaction score
Last Sunday I brewed this all grain kit from Midwest brewing. I've had it in a fermenter bucket with a blow off since then at around 66f.
On Monday it clearly needed the blow up tube and since then it has been bubbling since. Now it's Friday night and still bubbling from the tube a little bubble every second. The directions say to move to the secondary at 5-7 days and add the peanut butter powder and cacao. My question is, is there any concern if I still have a lot of bubbling going on when I move it.

OK you got my attention lol. just let it sit. I personally let all of my beers sit for 2 weeks in the primary then check its fg to make sure its done

I guess part of my question is due to fact the kit calls for adding other ingredients at 5-7 days, which I am at five. Would it be best to wait till it slows down, then move it and add the peanut butter and chocolate?

ipabrewer25 said:
I guess part of my question is due to fact the kit calls for adding other ingredients at 5-7 days, which I am at five. Would it be best to wait till it slows down, then move it and add the peanut butter and chocolate?

Yes it would be better to wait. Preferably until is is at or near FG.

Honestly in a perfect world the beer may have been ready to rack but its not a perfect world and the kit instructions usually just plain suck!

Gravity readings will tell you when the beer is done and bubbling air locks only mean gas is venting. Gas can vent from fermentation, temperature, pressure, or simply bumping the fermenter.

10-14 days is generally a good time to take a reading IMO. When you get 2 of the same readings over 3 days you know FG and then I like to give the beer another week to clear and condition a bit.

If you pitched low, fermented high or did anything that might produce off flavors than more time on the yeast will help clean some of them up so even an additional week can be beneficial as well. Many people simply leave the beer on primary for 3-4 weeks and then package

Racking too soon and you could miss out on the yeast cleaning up after themselves or interrupting the ferment. Racking late won't hurt a thing- usually makes it better. When in doubt, let it sit.

Back