Pimple in my EAR!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brauhaus

Reaction score
$^%$(^!&$ it hurts! it hurts!

actually the past 3 days have been torture, Sunday night I noticed I had a sore ear... after messing around a bit I noticed that I had a pimple forming in my ear... throughout my life I've been very fortunate to have avoided such plagues as bad acne and such, so i rarely get any pimples remotely close to my head, if i get any pimples at all, typically they are on my shoulders??

being one who just can't stand pimples I decided to try to pop it... bad idea. the wife took a bobby pin and using the looped end attempted to push on it to burst it... no, no, NO, NO, OW, OWWWW! stop.

so that only pissed it off.

Monday morning, the car had to get inspected so while at the garage sitting and waiting for my car i decided to poke around my ear... seriously there was nothing else to do, no magazines, nothing... so I'm now obsessed with pissing off this pimple in my ear in attempts to destroy it...

i tried everything to no avail the pimple remained, just very sore and very pissed off.

Tuesday, I wake up and my ear is sore still, I decided that perhaps a hot shower would open up my pores and release this thing, but no...

so on the way to work this morning i looked in the mirror and noticed that if I turn my head just so and push back on my ear I can see the nasty bugger... now I'm driving and poking it hoping that it would explode... nope

i get to the office and forget all about it... i had to pee so I got up and went into the bathroom and once in the bathroom i remembered my ingenious way of being able to see my pimple friend, so i walk up to the mirror, tilt my head and presto! i can see it!

well, with two fingers I squeezed, and squeezed, finally after a close inspection to my shorten finger nails (damn grooming obsession) I noticed a little bit of liquid on my nail... did I pop it?!

nope.

so attempt 2 at squeezing...

then it happened... On this very night...
10 years ago...
along the same stretch of road...
in a dense fog...
just like this...
I saw the worst accident I ever seen...
There was this sound...
Like a garbage truck!
Dropped off the empire state building!
And when they finally pulled the driver's body...
From the Twisted... Burning... Wreck...
It looked like...
THIS!!!!!!

large-marge-animated.gif

nah, i popped it and my ear feels much better. that was some nasty goo on my finger... it had shot to my knuckle :barf:

OMG... thats f'in sick. We need some regulations on this forum. :mad:

On a serious note: I dont know if I have ever had one "in" my ear, but I have had them in my ear lobe. But pliars worked wonders.

Holy god.

We need a mod to delete this thread, STAT!

Damn, Brae, from now on, I'm not going to be able to think of you any other way than "Firemarshal Bill Popping an Ear Zit and Spraying Puss All the Way to the Knuckle". Good job, ear-zit-puss-man! :D

Dude...I've got a pilonidal cyst, but I don't run around telling everyone about it!

come on now, i'm more than happy to share my quirks with everyone... c'mon, don't make me start the "butt wipes" thread...

i'm very particular about grooming.

this cyst you speak of, I've read a few threads in my day about these buggers... if you'd like I have an asian friend who will be more than happy to tell you how he delt with his.

I'm not going into details, Taipans...see, I have TACT! ;)

Suffice to say it's not life-threatening, it just hurts sometimes...and getting rid of it would mean surgery, which would mean no physical activity for 8 weeks, which would mean no gym, no running...eff that. I'll suffer with it as long as I can.

And yeah, Brae, if you have some kind of eastern medicine hoobajoob way of getting rid this bastard that means no surgery, I'm all ears.

The only thing I cna think of thats worse then a pimple in my ear is one in my nose....I seem to be prone to them as I get one about ever 4-6 months....

THEY are hell...

And hows your lunch everyone!

now, wait a minute, seriously a pimple in the ear isn't gross, nor did I go into grave lengths to describe the puss and schmutz on my fingers after I had popped it and the bleeding that followed...

I just was sharing the pain I've been experiencing over the last 3 days and my victorious defeat of my ear pimple!

oh, another thing I should add... it made a very loud pop!

I'm sure it "seemed" loud. It was in your EAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now if someone had knocked on the door and asked if you were ok, that would BE loud.

$^%$(^!&$ it hurts! it hurts!

then it happened... On this very night...
10 years ago...
along the same stretch of road...
in a dense fog...
just like this...
I saw the worst accident I ever seen...
There was this sound...
Like a garbage truck!
Dropped off the empire state building!
And when they finally pulled the driver's body...
From the Twisted... Burning... Wreck...
It looked like...
THIS!!!!!!

large-marge-animated.gif

"Tell em Large Marge sent ya!"

nor did I go into grave lengths to describe the puss and schmutz on my fingers after I had popped it

Maybe you squeezed too hard...are you sure it wasn't a teeny bit of brain tissue that squirted out of that thing? Perhaps the part of the brain that controls your judgment on what you should share with your fellow brewers? :D

I'd say that the grocest thing I have ever seen was when my brother came home from south/central america (having worked for a charity organization). He had complained about some mosquito bite in the head that had gone infected. It looked pretty much like a huge pimple, but on closer inspection it turned out to be a bot fly larvae having picked his skull as nest.

I can't even bring myself to linking to it, but if you search on "botfly" on the net there are some clips of how it looks and how big these suckers get. However, be warned, it is not for the faint of heart...

H

I'd say that the grocest thing I have ever seen was when my brother came home from south/central america (having worked for a charity organization). He had complained about some mosquito bite in the head that had gone infected. It looked pretty much like a huge pimple, but on closer inspection it turned out to be a bot fly larvae having picked his skull as nest.

I can't even bring myself to linking to it, but if you search on "botfly" on the net there are some clips of how it looks and how big these suckers get. However, be warned, it is not for the faint of heart...

H

I have seen videos of those things, I really have no desire to leave N.America!

yeah I was grossed out serveral months ago when I found those videos on youtube... I'm happy we don't have 'em here... hopefully never.

Let's just say that I financed part of my engieering degree by working extra as a garbage man. After a while in that buissness you get hardened to a level that I never thought possible. I can honnestly say that when I saw that little sucker peaking out of my brothers skull I almost barfed. Goddamn I'd rather be eaten alive by a beer than having that feasting on my flesh!

H

Let's just say that I financed part of my engieering degree by working extra as a garbage man. After a while in that buissness you get hardened to a level that I never thought possible. I can honnestly say that when I saw that little sucker peaking out of my brothers skull I almost barfed. Goddamn I'd rather be eaten alive by a beer than having that feasting on my flesh!

H

I would love a beer to eat me too, but that's just me :D:D:D:ban:

I probably could have blamed it on English beeing my second language, but I'm just druck allready...(that's the beauty of beeing 6+ hrs ahead of you) :mug:

/
H

Ahhh you are a lucky one!!!! I am counting the minutes now, 59...no 58 till I get out and have a brew. I think I'm gonna stop by the bar one my way to my car, they make it to easy here at my office:D Cheers!

Ahhh you are a lucky one!!!! I am counting the minutes now, 59...no 58 till I get out and have a brew. I think I'm gonna stop by the bar one my way to my car, they make it to easy here at my office:D Cheers!

Well...do I dare to say that this eavning is the beginning of my ten week vacation:ban:. I deserve to be druck! Day after tomorrow we celebrate "midsummers eave", an old nordic (heathen) ritual where you traditionally get rediciously druck to celebrate that it is the longest day of the year...I think I can live with that...:mug:

H

you work in an office...get a paper clip, use the round end, grit your teeth, and drag that thing HARD across the zit....It hurts SO BAD that it's nearly entertaining. It takes a real man to do this, but It'll pop, and then you can get on with life.

I have seen videos of those things, I really have no desire to leave N.America!
yeah I was grossed out serveral months ago when I found those videos on youtube... I'm happy we don't have 'em here... hopefully never.

Uh.... we do have botflies here (N. America) guys. I have never been closer to losing my lunch than when I saw one of the larvae moving in and out of the wound in a poor little mouse. They usually get infected near the groin area, and for the males, it displaces their "junk" to the side. SICK A$$.

It's pretty rare for humans to get infected by botflies, but it does happen.

Back