Removing Dip Tube w/Beer in the Keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maltoftheearth

Reaction score
Perhaps a stupid question but ... I have a tap that is barely delivering beer, it has slowed to a trickle. I am thinking it may be the positioning of the dip tube OR something caught in the dip tube.

I want to remove the dip tube and clean it but there is beer in the keg. Thoughts about the best way of proceeding?

No problem, just release the pressure slowly as not to lose too much carbonation. When you put the sanitized dip tube back in, you may get some foaming.

Depressurize and pull. Spray the top and everything with starsan. I would cover the opening with sanitized tin foil. Clean dip-tube and sanitize and put it back in. As long as you are anal about your sanitation you should be ok.

Depressurize and pull. Spray the top and everything with starsan. I would cover the opening with sanitized tin foil. Clean dip-tube and sanitize and put it back in. As long as you are anal about your sanitation you should be ok.

Sounds good. I am going to poke around my poppet as well (which sounds a little gross.)

BTW - I see we are neighbors. Cool. That must be one of the first times I looked across the border at SC since I got to NC.

Sounds good. I am going to poke around my poppet as well (which sounds a little gross.)

BTW - I see we are neighbors. Cool. That must be one of the first times I looked across the border at SC since I got to NC.

Sweet! we have to get together and taste test some beer.!!
Here is my latest brew!

Beer.jpg

Latest posts

Back