Quaffable

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What does it mean then? Just so I know what everyone means when they say it. I can't seem to find a definition for it.

My definition would be something you can drink several of without either feeling like you just ate thanksgiving dinner or feeling like you're going to fall down.

Main Entry: quaffable
Part of Speech: adj
Definition: drinkable; easy to drink, esp. in quantity

Webster's New Millennium™ Dictionary of English
Copyright © 2003-2009 Dictionary.com, LLC

Dictionary says: Definition: drinkable; easy to drink, esp. in quantity

I could drink a 12 pack of IPA because it is quaffable;

I am full after 2 Guinness beers because they are so thick and heavy (non-quaffable):confused:

quaff: v to drink copiously and heartily

This used to be one of my favorite words. Somewhere along the line I stopped using it. Time to bring it back. I hereby pledge to overuse this word in the near future.

This used to be one of my favorite words. Somewhere along the line I stopped using it. Time to bring it back. I hereby pledge to overuse this word in the near future.

Agreed. I think it was Terry Pratchett who said that quaffing was much like normal drinking, except your ears get wet. :drunk:

Back