Just bottled my first batch

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xxdcmast

Reaction score
I got an amber ale starter kit for xmas, brewed the kit on the 28th of dec. I let it sit in primary 2 weeks and then secondary 2 weeks. Just transferred from the carboy to my bottles tonight. Not too bad I got about 47 12oz bottles and 5 20 oz bottles out of it.

I did about half a bottle of beer with the spout before I switched to the wand so I figured I would have a taste. Overall the beer tastes pretty good its got a nice smell to it and the flavor is taste is pretty smooth. I know its still green and flat but overall pretty tasty.

For my first batch it came out pretty clear right out of the carboy I can only imagine it will get clearer after bottle conditioning for a few weeks and then refrigerating.

I do have one question though while bottle conditioning what can I expect will happen to the flavors in the beer. Will they get stronger? Smooth out more?

Im planning on letting them bottle condition for 3 maybe 4 weeks if I can stand to wait that long although I will be trying one each week to test and see how it progresses.

Cool man, that sounds like some good beer! I find that the beer will even out while in the bottles for a few weeks. Not technical, but better tasting will ensue. And they wont get appreciably stronger in the bottles with the priming sugars added...not enough sugar/bottle strength :)

Back