"Wort Wizard" on a Bucket Fermenter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SILVER13ACK

Reaction score
Will a wort wizard or similar device work on a bucket?

I know they don't work on Better Bottles, but I was thinking of drilling a couple holes in a bucket lid and trying this out. Can the bucket stand up to the pressure?

Thanks!

I don't think it will work on a bucket...but it wouldn't hurt to try. I have two 6.5gal carboys and 2 ale pails. Yesterday I brewed a 10gal batch, so I used the wort wizard to siphon the wort into the carboy, then dumped it into a bucket. And repeated with the second bucket. I didn't have to worry about aerating either because dumping the beer aerated quite a bit. And now I can brew again next week and just fill the carboys and not worry about the buckets.

When using the Wort Wizard, how to do prevent bacterial contamination from the intake air? Should you use an in-line 0.2 micron air filter? I have seen an aquarium venturi in action. They can really oxygenate the liquid. Is there such a thing as over aerating wort? Doesn't look like you can control the air intake flow rate.

CircleC-Brewing

I suspect you have a misunderstanding as to how it works. You flow your coolant water through the main body of the device and it pulls a vacuum on the small port. You put that connect that vacuum port to a hole in your fermenter. You place your "wort in" tubing in another hole in the fermenter and the vacuum pulls it through. There's no intake air.

Back