Homebrew Club Fayetteville, NC??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Add me to the list of potential Fayetteville brew club members. I am NEW to brewing but have started with a decent amount of brewing and kegging equipment and could host on occasion. I'd prefer to serve as a "brew assistant" a time or two locally, especially for someone doing All Grain.

I just heard there may be a dedicated Home Brew Store coming to Fayetteville! How many people would buy from there if it opens?

They are opening up another Grapes and Hops north of spring lake. Close to me in Sanford, but they still aint got much of a collection for beer brewers.

I would love nothing more than a home Brewstore here. I live in Raeford and work off of Ramsey St. so idc where it is, I'd def buy from there! That is if the yeast isn't expired and the hope aren't from '07. Which I could see happening.

I'm with you Smitty... looking for a decient selection that is fresh. I've passed a store on the 401 called Beer and Wine... just wondering if they have brew supplies?

I think you're talking about Bob's Wine & Beer Shoppe over by Harris Teeter. Last time I was there there was no home brew supplies. If you work off Ramsey street have you tried Grapes & Hops. It's down by Methodist University. Not a huge selection, but has supported my habit and they do special orders on homebrew supplies.

From what I've heard, they will carry Wyeast and Lamentis yeast. I'll see if they have heard anything about malt and hops sources...

From what I've heard, they will carry Wyeast and Lamentis yeast. I'll see if they have heard anything about malt and hops sources...

I live over in Hope Mills, Grapes and Hops is a great place if you plan in advance or need some of the basic equipment needed to get started. The staff was helpful and the beer selection is great if you want to try a new style. I, however would not recommend it if you need an ingredient as the last minute. Hops are kept at room temp. I have gone to American brewmasters up in Raleigh and Wilmington Homebrew. The selection is about equal at both places but the staff in Wilmington is much more helpful and less condescending to a new brewer. I would pick the latter every day of the week and twice on sunday. So if your gonna drive a ways for your supplies head toward the beach.

Granted I'm a newbie but I've been to American Homebrewers on several occassions with my "stupid question of the week" and i've never found them to be condescending, as a matter of fact quite the opposite, I've always found them to be very helpful. Anyhow, I know I'm coming to this post late since the last post was 9-22-2012. But I'd be interested in a Cape Fear area Homebrew club! I live in Erwin (just orth of fayettenam in Harnett County). I don't know what I could bring because I don't really know jack about brewing, yet. But I'm more than willing to help out. What i lack in knowledge I make up in enthusiasm.

that's where I'm at too. Going to try my first batch of beer in december. I've got gallons and gallons of wine on hand though.

I bottled my first attempt Mexican Cerveza a couple weeks ago, couldn't resist the temptation and opened a bottle last night. All in all it was actually better than I expected, I think after a couple more weeks conditioning it'll be much better. I've got my second batch, oktoberfest fermenting and will probably bottle it next week. I'll start my third batch sometime this weekend, Winter Dark Ale.

Hops and Grapes is opening a new store, north of Spring Lake on Hwy 87. Maybe with a little prodding, they will carry what we need.

Well I am hearing more talk about a Local Homebrew Supply Store right in Fayetteville. I'm actually getting a little excited. Having a place local to go for advice and also help with picking out ingredients will be awesome!

Granted I'm a newbie but I've been to American Homebrewers on several occassions with my "stupid question of the week" and i've never found them to be condescending, as a matter of fact quite the opposite, I've always found them to be very helpful. Anyhow, I know I'm coming to this post late since the last post was 9-22-2012. But I'd be interested in a Cape Fear area Homebrew club! I live in Erwin (just orth of fayettenam in Harnett County). I don't know what I could bring because I don't really know jack about brewing, yet. But I'm more than willing to help out. What i lack in knowledge I make up in enthusiasm.

Maybe I caught one of their workers on a bad day but the treatment I got the few times I went in left a bad taste in my mouth. So I stick with Wilmington Home brew. Not to say the selection at American is bad, they have great ingredients I just had bad luck I guess.

brazedowl said:
Well my friend and I will be brewing our first beers in December. :)

Awesome! What type of beer are you brewing? Keep us posted and don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions!

Any of you guys done any smash brews. I am hoping to pick up seom grain from grapes and hopes since I wash my yeast and have some extra hops. What have your experience with smash brewing been?

To my knowledge smash brewing is where you use one grain and one type of hops to make a beer. you keep it simple so you can gain knowledge of how each grain and hop affects the different attributes of the beer. I did one a while back with Saaz and with pale 6 row, pretty drinkable session beer.

LutzBrauerei said:
I'm going out on a limb here, but how many guys would be interested to get together on my next brew day (sometime in December)?

December may be tough, but I could definitely try. January on the other hand I know I could work in about any Saturday or Sunday afternoon.

Its one thing to read and search the web, but until you have some hands on and actually see or help it hard to grasp.

Back