Antique Fridge Restoration / Kegerator conversion Project.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mjfuson

Reaction score
I got this old fridge for free and it is awesome but needs some work. The handle assembly in the door is broke and I've searched everywhere online to find a replacement but have struckout. Here are some pics. If anyone on here knows where I can find an old style handle like this let me know. It doesn't have to be the exact same because I'm going to do some body work on the door and can probably make a similar style handle work. I'm guessing I'll probably have to look in a junkyard? This thing is so sweet though.

hotpoint_1.jpg

hotpoint_2.jpg

hotpoint_3.jpg

No, no progress. Sorry to dissappoint. I searched for a very long time for antique fridge handles and came up empty. The current one was in bad shape and could not be restored. I pretty much gave up on my search. I replaced the old nasty insulation with new and have been using the fridge for primary fermentations. It fits two 6 gallon carboys perfectly so at least it wasn't a total loss.

IMAG0146.jpg

Back