Favorite IPA Kit?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SevenFields

Reaction score
Im looking to do an IPA kit for my 3rd brew. Im looking for something well balanced and not a huge hop bomb. I was thinking maybe the HopHead kit from Midwest but What is everyones favorite?

I made the hophead and was very happy with it. It is certainly not a hop bomb. At around 7%, it makes a tasty beer indeed.

+1 for the hop head. I brewed it a few months ago and still have some in the fridge. Its a good beer. Dry hoping is always fun too.

I pondered for several weeks which IPA kit to get. Really considered the True Brew Double IPA, but decided on Hop Head, price and ingredients being part of the consideration. Due to arrive this Friday.

If you don't want a hop bomb don't get the ferocious IPA from midwest. It has 6OZ of hops. I can't get enough of the stuff.:drunk:

Why not try the Two-hearted clone extract version? Not a kit, per se, but you could order the ingredients to brew it up just as if you bought a kit.

Did the extract with 2 smack paks of yeast per Midwest's suggestion. After 2 weeks conditioning in bottle and only 8 hours in frig, first 12 oz. bottle was Awesome! Can't wait for tonites tasting of a 20 :)

Midwest suggests 2-4 weeks conditioning which should mean its only gona get better. My vote for the best IPA home brew ever tasted and close to best ever tasted!!!

AHS Dreadnaught IPA clone kit. Hands down one of the best beers I've brewed to date. I'm hoping the alpha king clone I bottled yesterday turns out as good.

I bottled my HopHead IPA kit from Midwest today. Freakin amazing and its not even carbed. This is going to be great. Time to start another batch, Im going to be drinking this one fast!

Back