2014 Great Nebraska Beerfest Homebrew Entry

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tmendick

Reaction score
I would like to serve some of my homebrew at Great Nebraska Beerfest this year, but they have a rule, 1 bbl minimum per tent.

I dont have that much homebrew stocked up, but I would be serving a Wit IPA and a Black Saison, about 10 Gallons total.

Im looking for anyone else interested in serving their homebrew at the GNBF.

They request a group name, an image, and a breif description so they can put it in their program and thats about it.

It is August 23, 2014 FYI

A full bbl seems a little steep for a one day event. I would guess they are maybe trying to limit it to homebrew clubs only with that number...

I did Aksarben at the beginning of the month and didn't even come close to going through the 15 gallons we brought.

You gotta think though that Benson was the same weekend, and it seems like there are always more people at GNBF than Aksarben.
I figured if 3 or 4 others wanted to join up 30 gallons would add up quick.
The organizers did say that they set up the number specifically so homebrewers would use clubs instead of their own tent, but they did also say that "if you have enough people...why not form a 'casual club'"

Good point, I always forget that Benson is going on at that time as well. They really need a "free agent" tent for those that aren't in clubs (such as myself).

If I had any batches ready to roll, I would be interested but I am behind and don't see any brewing time in my near future...which blows...but such is life.

That is no fun.... you should just start skipping work, birthdays, weddings etc. and tell them that brewing is more important :ban:

I know, right? All I have been able to do are 1 gallon test batches. Which now that I think of it, this gives me some time to work on some recipes while I am not sitting down and doing full batches.

Good luck with your sample batches.
I agree that they should have a "free agent" homebrewer area.
This is kinda what I'm shooting for with this group.
I'm thinking something like the "HomeBrewTalk Omaha Chapter".

That is of course assuming Tx doesn't have a problem with us using the forums name in our group.

Looks like I'm not getting any interest. I will give it until about 12 tomorrow before I give up on this pouring at a casual homebrewer table idea.

Why not just join a local club? There is a number of good clubs in the area.

I actually am a member of 1 and planning on becoming a member of another, I just thought it would be cool to have an independent table instead of a one that has 8+ different beers and have trouble getting a chance to pour and talk about my own beer.

That being said, I made a black saison and a coffee and cream blonde ale for German American Society's table.
Come try them out.

I actually am a member of 1 and planning on becoming a member of another, I just thought it would be cool to have an independent table instead of a one that has 8+ different beers and have trouble getting a chance to pour and talk about my own beer.

That being said, I made a black saison and a coffee and cream blonde ale for German American Society's table.
Come try them out.

Sounds good. I think Ill be brewing a wheat IPA with simcoe/cascade/amarillo for the railroaders booth. I should probably do that soon.

Back