Picked up some Dissident

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RDWHAHB

Reaction score
Sounded good at the store. Never heard of it though. Anybody have any of this years? I understand it is an every 2 years thing.

I believe its a sour ale. I really really like the label on that, but I havent been able to try it yet....someday

its harder than sh_t to find bottled in portland.. fancy that.

The Deschutes Portland Pub sold all their bombers in 2 hrs (40 cases), and getting your hands on one at a store is like trying to get a doorbuster at a black friday sale. I even got a tip, but when I called I got, "yeah, we are getting ONE case, itll be available at 10 o'clock tomorrow. First come first served, limit one bottle per household." I thought I was trying to pick up a nintendo wii again.

anyway, dejected, I decided to settle for a glass on tap :). Now, to be fair, I was in a hurry, and I drank it chilled (as served it was pretty cold)... that said, I wasnt super impressed. Kinda tasted like spiked cherry juice to me. I picked up a few other flavors, but that was definitely the most notable. Maybe if I had let it warm up a bit... or, if I could have bought a bottle, to see what it was like in a year.

what does everyone else think?

Back