Banjo burners can they be lit from push button grill ignitors?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicknoty

Reaction score
Banjo burners can they be lit from push button grill ignitonors?

yes that is the question...

or do i have run a dedicated pilot system?

Yes you can use the grill ignitors, the battery powered version is more reliable because of multiple sparking with button push. The fun part is positioning the spark electrode where it will light off the burner reliably. Try for one of the burner openings and about a 1/16" gap, that should get you close. After that you have to experiment with placement and fuel flow/air ratio to get it settled down.

thanks, i really don't want to bend down and get blasted when i try to light them with a lighter and i'm not ready to do automation.

grill iginotors will be best for me now.

I use one of these;

829E710T_500.jpg

If you're still set on using an ignitor go ahead, but use one of those in the meantime to keep your eyebrows intact.

yeah, the push button bottle torches are nice but they are a bit pricey when i know someone will loose it at my house. its not a life or death, i need it now, situation i'm in the proccess of building a single tier a/g system and want to make everything easier when its complete minus automation for the forsee-able future.

Yeah I made my mention just in case someone hadn't thought of it. I know it took me a while to think of it.

I like the push button igniters and would have put on in my build.

Back