Burner questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rhltechie

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have done a few searches and found that most people like the SQ14 bayou burner. Well, I am new to brewing on my own. Will be starting with extract of course, using a 30qt polarware kettle. My question is, am I going to be seriously let down by the SQ10? It's the only one they sell locally and I am really stretching my budget to even get that one. If I had a gas stove I would consider stove top. But I have a ceramic stove and doubt it can bring the 2-3 gallons I need to a boil... Not starting with full boil as of yet. A little advice?

TIA,

M

I can't imagine you being "seriously let down" by the SQ10. Works fine and heats like a banshee. I've used both.... like the SQ14 because of what I think is more precise burner control (I use it for stuff beside homebrewing) and also it seems to me the 14 is a bit more efficient in propane use. Either one will quickly boil your 2-3 gallons, and either one will do a lot more when you get ready. (Once in a while you can find a bargaion SQ14 on Amazon, sometimes with free shipping).

My question is, am I going to be seriously let down by the SQ10? It's the only one they sell locally and I am really stretching my budget to even get that one

How much are they charging locally? I just got an SQ14 off of Amazon a couple weeks ago for <$50 shipped

It's $50. I did search amazon and they are $50 too but I have to pay shipping... Plus I was going to brew this weekend. Never make it here by then!

Back