Cheap controller - "freezer conversion thermostat"

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThreeDogsNE

Good for what ales you
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Has anyone tried these controllers?

Freezer Conversion Thermostat - Remote Bulb Freezer Conversion Thermostat [Thermostat - Port-Ext-8] - $35.00 : CHI Company ball lock kegs for sale, Home brewing and vending, beer kegs, Pepsi vending machines, flavor strips and vending labels

They are considerably less expensive than the Love controllers I've seen recently. Does anyone know if these are a good deal, or just cheap junk? I'd rather buy a good one the first time rather than the second time. I'd be interested to hear anyone's experience.

I think they are relatively new to their site, but i'd also like to know if anyone has any reviews of them.

Follow-up: I bought one, and mounted it on my keezer a few months ago. It is doing fine. The knob calibration is only approximate. I set a small thermometer down in the keezer, and adjusted the knob to target temp by that. Not much trial and error there. Once set, it seems to hold a steady reading. I am quite pleased with mine.

I too have one of these temp controller and have been happy with it.

Back