Ball lock pressure relief leak

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nyer

Reaction score
I just picked up 5 more balllocks at a great price. The problem is 2 leak terrible at the pressure relief valve. The 2 that leak have the challenger type valve with the split ring on it. The other 3 have the valve that flips up and they hold gas fine. One of my other balllocks with the challenger valve leaks once in awhile too. I figured would buy new valves but they cost $15 a piece, that would screw up the great price I paid. I might be able to swap them for good ones with the seller. Has anyone had this problem and solved it with a little keg lube? I may try it if I can't swap these out with the seller.

If the seller will swap them out, then definitely pursue that avenue. Otherwise, I've had a few leak, and it's always been resolved with a tiny touch of keg lube.

Now that you mention it, it's always been the split ring types that have leaked.

perhaps you can glue them shut with a non reactive glue.

not the safest idea if your regulator goes south.

i would try keg lube first.

Back