Imperial Stout

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jawats

Reaction score
What do y'all think of this recipe?

3 gal boil.

.3 lbs American Chocolate
.3 lbs American Black Patent
.6 lbs Black Roasted Barley

Steep for 30 mins at 155.

9 lbs Muntons Dry Dark

Boil for 1 hour

1 oz. Galena 40 mins.
1 oz. Galena 15 mins.
1 oz. Centennial 5 mins.

1 cup molasses - 10 mins
2 cups brown sugar - 5 mins

Waiting for wort to cool now...

I tend to lean every beer I make towards the hoppy end(and usually beyond) of the spectrum, so this looks a little lacking in hops to me. Other than that it looks like a solid beer. The dark sugars should make it wonderful. How did the wort look/smell/taste?

I tend to lean every beer I make towards the hoppy end(and usually beyond) of the spectrum, so this looks a little lacking in hops to me. Other than that it looks like a solid beer. The dark sugars should make it wonderful. How did the wort look/smell/taste?

Looks and tastes moderately good, although there's a slightly bitter twinge on the end that displeases me. I think I got the steep temp too high (165) when I had to step away for a moment. Oh, well. Wait and see, right?

Looks and tastes moderately good, although there's a slightly bitter twinge on the end that displeases me. I think I got the steep temp too high (165) when I had to step away for a moment. Oh, well. Wait and see, right?

OG 1.100.....

Back