Hello from Chicago Burbs!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tim_B

Reaction score
Hi everyone, name's Tim and I'm looking forward to pick your brains quite a bit. Well, I live in Warrenville, IL...a good 30mi. from Chicago...and I find myself pretty lucky to have the LHBS, run by Two Bros. Beer, within walking distance. My brother and I started fermenting our first batch yesterday, a Weissenbier since I've recently fell in love with the style.

By the way, I've read a little through the forums and this is a great site and I'm sure I'll have tons of questions so please have patience with this newb:)

Tim, welcome to the board. I work in Warrenville, live in Plainfield. There are several people from this area on the board.

Welcome, I just joined not too long ago myself. I'm a student at U of I in Champaign now, but I'm from Bolingbrook originally and will be moving back there in a little over a week.

Cool! Nice to meet both of ya. Do homebrewers get together around here? I'd love to get some critiquing from some more experienced palates than mine and advice, of course, of how to improve. I know I can get lot's of info here, but I'm sure I can't go wrong with a taste test.

Warrenville has the brewclub called Urban Knaves of Grain. They are meeting tonight in fact. I forget the name of the place they meet.

My sister and her family live in Plainfield. Welcome to the board... I'm jealous of your LHBS!

Schlante,
Phillip

Welcome, I'm from Arlington Heights. There's quite a few Chicago area people on this board. Good luck with your first brew.

Welcome Tim.
Lots of chicago and burb are folks around here. I like in Chicago (Logan Square) and work in the Schaumburg area. I get out to Warrenville seemingly every 6-8 weeks. Special trips to Two Bros. now that the pub is open. Some of the folks around here met up there around the time they opened. I'm sure we'll be doing it again sometime.

In the Brewing meetup forum do a search for SNIZZLE... thats the Northern IL folks there.

Wow...nice to see lots of people from the Chicago area on this forum. I'm pretty big into coffee (I roast my own), but I don't find too many as enthusiastic as I am around here...seems different with homebrewing :)

Back