lets see your full Fermenters

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ever hear of a blow off assembly?

Ever hear of reading the post you're quoting? :cross:

In 7-ish years of brewing, I've only run into 2 batches that fermented violently enough to warrant a blow-off hose. Until that amber rye, the last occurrence was 6 years ago. Every other batch's krausen had stayed safely confined to the head space of my 6 Gal. carboy.

On the amber rye I either got lazy or decided the blow-off didn't seem necessary based on the majority of past experience, and ended up with a little mess. I played the odds and lost, but the beer turned out alright, so I don't really care. Lesson learned though.

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1419876914.319790.jpg

So busy with the holidays that I decided to brew up some extract batches. Much quicker then my typical AG brew days and was quite fun.

Left to right: Black IPA AG, Simcoe Smash, Hopburst pale ale and a test blond ale with golden extract(was curious if I could taste a difference between this and my AG beers)

I try to have at least 5 carboys full at any given time....sometimes many more if I have sours or Brett beers aging. Plus I always have an Ale Pail full of some sort of cider at all times. I literally empty it and fill it in the same day. SUPER easy to make and very tasty as a pallet cleanser or as a treat for SWMBO:ban:
10402733_10152471799906945_8818960060186195340_n.jpg

Co3c on left, brewers best American light extract on right, this is the most I've had fermenting at one time and I have grain for a batch of raging red IRA I hope to brew tomorrow

Dude, loving the see thru effect, and the disco lighting is boss.

That one is about to become the keg conditioning fridge. The lights are actually white the phone is just mis coloring the light.

The new ferm fridge is a gdm10pt (found three locally for $200 total!) (currently not full but will be sat ;) )

5 gals of Kiltlifter clone and 2.5 gallons of Methaweizen (because of what it looks like, not what's in it)

meth.jpg

Kiltlifter.jpg

Last edited:
not sure if you're serious or not, but i'll play it safe and say you are :)

Stout is a company based out of portland oregon that makes small homebrew equipment all the wayup to larger brewery equipment.

http://conical-fermenter.com/

I wasn't serious, but thanks. I hadn't heard about that brand. What I love about HBT is that I learn something new every day.

Prost!

I am so envious of the true coolers on this thread. I can find a good deal and I am looking for two GDM12s for 2 seven gallon Chronicals I just bought.

I have them in a chest freezer with the top off and a blanket on top. Looks really Ghetto.

I am so envious of the true coolers on this thread. I can find a good deal and I am looking for two GDM12s for 2 seven gallon Chronicals I just bought.

I have them in a chest freezer with the top off and a blanket on top. Looks really Ghetto.

I'd scour CL for deals. I got a good deal on my single door from a dude selling off some restaurant equipment.

I thought it wouldn't work, even if you reposition the compressor so it is upright.

What Refridgeration equipment are you referring to?

Doing that now.

It is just painful to see the $200 units on ebay all over California.

Run a google search for restaurant equipment stores. Every major city has a few. Usually they are loaded with used units big, medium or small. They can be pricey even still, but you can haggle on the price most places. What city are you in?

Newburyport. We have one in Peabody and the guy was really snarky saying he wouldn't sell one for less than $800-$1000. It is actually an auction center too and I am watching it for any that come up.

Thank you for looking. I saw those too, but I'm looking for 2 GDM 12s and those are 26s.

I want to have two separate controlled chambers and those wouldn't fit.

Back